Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Bike Commuting Update

As I ride more to the office I am slowly refining my gear and processes. I am still lugging the shackle, but no longer in the bags, but mini-bungied to the rack.

Secure but still rattles
Rather than haul both bags in to the locker room on campus, I am parking at the back door, locking the bike to a post and only removing the bag with clothing. The other bag is secured to the bike with one of those free gun-locks you get at the local PD. It is not terribly secure, and taking the bag would essentially destroy it. 



However, in this location I feel comfortable for the 10 minutes I am inside showering. I gave up on the hassle of trying to drop the bike and gear at the office, transfer cloths to another bag, then walk the .5 miles RT to the shower and back. It became too much of a process. Otherwise, with some local road work done, the trip from the end of the bike trail to campus has been nice. I will post up some pics of the refined rig/kit asap.


Tomorrow, another set of two wheels… First motorcycle commute to work. I blew out a spoke on the road bike yesterday and will haul the wheel in to Velo for a repair. This ought to be easy right?