Monday, July 18, 2016

A Blank Canvas

A blank canvas... Yep, all old posts were deleted today. I had not posted for a coupe of years. What has happen? Well, in a sentence: I lost 135 pounds, divorce, single parenting, layoff, financial ruin, two subsequent job changes, and several quasi-yet-failed "awakenings".

Perhaps not a grammatically correct sentence, but a pretty good rundown of my life these last few years. I will cover the list above as time permits.

I have evolved beyond the convention that my two wheels requires a tank full of gas. As evidenced by my weight loss, I no log more miles on two wheels and pedals than on my motorcycle. The big bike is still important to me, but my collection of bicycles has a greater daily impact on my life these days.

I will attempt to amend the name of the blog accordingly. Something about My Life on Two Wheels. I saw a friends FB post yesterday that got me thinking about resurrecting this space, based on my feeling that I am missing too many things, and that they may be worth sharing if I actually did these things.

So, what is the difference between this space and FB? I already share most if this there. And the same of some adventures over at the forum Two Wheeled Texans. Both spaces with built in audiences that already know me. Why do this in a place that people need to seek out?  I guess I can share the link in these places and the people that care can seek out my sharing in greater detail.

here is a teaser of things yet to come... (try to imagine this as a theater preview)

Weight loss:  320+  


And now... 185-ish



Yeah, the cake...
I will talk a lot about this journey here. Many people have asked about this transformation. I will share recipies, and advice, and (a lot) of missteps.

Riding:
AJ finally aged into a co-pilot!



And we do go places...







Hope these teasers work. And I will work on the blog name.

Cheers, Glenn